BrittanyAlissa

Thursday, July 17, 2014

SINGLE IN NEW YORK

Hey Beauties,
         I will be uploading a more detailed video about this post but for now I will put it in words.
So a few post ago I stated that I was going through a lot and that I would touch base on it at a later date, well here is that later date.
Sooooooo For those of you who don't know, I am a New Yorker. Although my parents are both from other places, I was born and raised here. And although I have a love hate relationship with this beautiful city, I have pure HATRED for the dating scene.
I work hard to provide for my children, and working hard = playing less. Therefore my dating life sucked. So little ole me signed up on this little site called Plenty Of Fish or (POF). It was a free site where men can hound women and the women can "sell things" O_o
It truly wasn't the place for someone like me. Someone genuinely looking for love.
After about a year I did happen to meet someone. We started off speaking on the phone for 3 months straight, then graduated to spending loads of time together. Optimistically after about 8 months I ended up convincing myself that he was "The One" we had so much in common and I fell in love with his family and I guess being around someone so much you eventually catch feelings more rapidly than usual!  Welp Long story short (the hounding for women never stopped for him) and I was left heart broken.  After encountering my share of morons I eventually decided to be delete my profile in its entirety. I then took some time for healing and recollection. And I remember sitting at home one day watching television and these damn commercials kept coming on......
Well needless to say that after PLENTY and PLENTY OF "COMMERCIALS" I decided to join Eharmony.
Welp for those of you who have no knowledge of the site I will say this,
you are put through an extensive amount of questioning. Like eeexxxxttteeenssiivveeeee!!!!!
When you are asked so much about your life, your likes, and dislikes you become very...... Whats the words I'm looking for? The word is HOPEFUL. You become hopeful that maybe, just maybe true love is out there.  And before I go any further I will say this
I AM AN EXTREME HOPELESS ROMANTIC. I LOVE; LOVE, THE IDEA OF LOVE, AND THE FEELING OF ACTUALLY BEING IN LOVE!!.
Now back to regular scheduled programming.. :-)
I met someone my 2nd day on the site. And when I say met I mean conversed via "site" then graduated to phone calls/ texting.
It took 3 months to meet in person and I thought he was a rad dude..
We spoke about him opening doors, having respect for women, and overall just being this RAD guy...
...................... It took 6 months for me to see that NONE of that crap was the truth.
He was overly demanding, insecure, and a complete Asshole..I wasn't allowed to dress, walk or talk like myself I had to change everything while he told me that he needed to change absolutely nothing. But I stayed stupid me.. and eventually I got a nice ring.. A ring that he kept from his family and meant nothing because he stated that he wasn't even ready for marriage.. Again Asshole.. I left after we hit the 10 month mark.  Best thing I could of done for my sanity!! Thank you Jesus!! :-)
I took some time off And then started dating again.
and again
and again
and again...................................................................
I don't ask for much. I ask for open communication, honesty, respect and some more respect. But it seems that The Big Apple is full of people who have no idea, what they want.
Men and woman who would rather Have Sex than to open their hearts to the possibility of love.
Men who state they want relationships but wouldn't know one if it were staring them in the face.
I'm SOOOOOOOOO old school. I just want that "SILLY LOVE". The one where you know you'll get a Good Morning call, The one where holding hands in Central park is better than going to a bar for drinks, The one where I fall asleep at night and he's on my mind and I know I'm on his. The one where we make dinner together at home and watch Netflix. The one that isn't based upon finances but LOVE and pure RESPECT for one another. I never thought that I would ever give up on the possibility that I would find just what I'm looking for. But I have gone from 100 % - about 30%. And its unfortunate that SEX runs this CITY of dreams. And love has become so far fetched that everyone is just existing.. This journey Is exhausting! And I refuse to settle for anything other than what I deserve!!
If the guy I'm seeing has all these damn rules about
When to and when not to call
How long before feelings should be revealed
How long will I stick around before she puts out
My friends have to like her
She has to like sports
and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! then I will cross him out my life like a bad habit.
Relationships aren't built for rules. It should flow naturally. It should feel natural and a list is just so so so YUCK!
Get to know me for me. Make your decisions based on my heart, the time we spend together, and how I treat you, not on a "DAMN LIST".
I guess that's why I'm single because I just can't deal with the whole unnatural feel of this new dating system.. So Now I ask
How do
you fellow New Yorker cope with dating?
And how is dating elsewhere?

                                                                                                                               XOXO BrittanyAlissa

1 comment:

  1. Normally most would wonder why such a beautiful girl is single but after realizing what is out there it is quite understandable. Being single is a choice because settling cannot be an option not in this day and age. We look for a partner who meets or shares our ideals on life and this is true of both sexes. Finding someone who values LOVE, HONESTY, TRUST, COMMUNICATION, RELATIONSHIP and RESPECT is hard to find there are more but why go on? There are too many people with the proclivity to have more than one partner to fulfill their various needs. If being single makes anyone happy I say go for it, sad it has to be that way but until he/she comes along and ROCKS then that's just the way it will be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting